MORETON’S PTY LTD – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As timber is a natural product; it is subjected to variations in colour and is an integral facet of every timber floor. We point out that all samples are prepared to give as true an indication of the species which they represent as practically possible but it should be clearly understood that no sample can be taken to be a colour sample of similar range of colours unless specifically prepared and identified for a specific project.
All grades of timber specified are in accordance with the manufacturers and Australian Standards requirements. Please be aware that grading of timber have recently been relaxed and even in select grade timber there can be some character marks EG: minor knots and veining.
MOST ADHESIVES AND COATINGS ARE CHEMICALS; IT IS POSSIBLE FOR SOME PEOPLE TO HAVE ADVERSE REACTIONS TO THE FUMES. IT IS OUR RECOMMENDATION THAT ACCESS TO ANY AREAS AFFECTED BY THE FUMES BE AVOIDED UNTIL THE AREA CAN BE FULLY VENTILATED WHEN ADHESIVES AND COATINGS HAVE CURED
The customer acknowledges and agrees the following services shall be supplied free of charge to the company and according to specifications contained herein:
- Power – 2 x 240 volt electrical power points shall be supplied within 20 meters of any area where work is to be conducted (floor sanding u0026amp; polishing)
- Lighting – Full and final lighting as designed for the complete project must be fully operational prior to the work commencing.
- Site Storage – is to be provided free of moisture from wet trades or any other source.
* Although all care is taken it is possible that there may be some marks on the skirting and jams and therefore is recommended not to put final coat on skirting until polishing work is complete.
* Although all care is taken the installation of new flooring can cause damage to walls whilst manoeuvring timber as this is a form of construction – repair/cost will be subject to negotiation. Installation and polishing constitutes a form of construction work and therefore the client should expect some dust unless an additional cost for site clean is stated on the quotation.
*The client acknowledges that unbreathable protection eg: plastic sheeting cannot be left on the floor for more than 24 hrs as it will create an artificial environment, any costs for rectifications will be forwarded to the client
* No responsibility can be taken for damage or contamination if sub trades are allowed access by the customer during our polishing process and repair works shall be at the customers cost.
*It is the client’s responsibility to provide adequate protection against direct UV light for prolonged periods. Direct sunlight for prolonged periods can cause shrinkage in the floorboards (this is generally on northern facing floor to ceiling windows). Good window tinting, blinds, curtains or rugs are all good solutions
No allowance has been made for the levelling, repairing or waterproofing of the sub-floor unless detailed in the quotation. Any such rectification shall constitute a variation. Any subfloor is outside of the standard of 3 mm under a 1.5 mm straight edge is outside of our standard and will be subject to variation (variations to be agreed upon prior to works)
The customer agrees that the company shall not be held responsible for any inherent defect in the sub-floor or surface which only becomes apparent after installation such as changes in moisture content, sub-floor ventilation and structural instability.
The customer acknowledges that all artificial temperature controls, such as air conditioning and sub-floor heating have been fully installed and operation prior to any materials being delivered to the site.
Furniture removal u0026amp;/or temporary accommodation- Unless stated in the quotation it has not been allowed for and will be charged as a variation
We do not have a guarantee on maintenance recoats unless agreed separately on quotation
The contract price is valid for thirty (30) days from the date of this agreement. If works have not substantially commenced by the date specified herein and it is not the fault of the company, the contract price shall be subject to revision by the company.
Any additional work that specified herein shall constitute a variation agreement. The details of any additional work shall be approved in writing prior to that work being commenced. The company shall not be obliged to carry out any additional work that has not been approved in writing prior to it being started
The customer acknowledges that there is no retention to be held in relation to the work. Once the customer has moved furniture in the works will be deemed as accepted and payment will be required in full as per quotation and our terms of payment
Supply only accounts are to be paid in full prior to timber delivery – until paid in full all products will remain the property of Moreton’s Pty Ltd.